36th floor Johor Bahru City Square Tower 2nd December – 7th December 2019
• There are two separate tournaments. The Open for all players and Challenger for players rated below FIDE rating 2000
• FIDE (International Chess Federation) rules and regulations apply. Results will be sent for FIDE rating calculations.
• Both will be played using 9 rounds Swiss System, with standard time control of 90 minutes plus 30 seconds increment per move. . The pairing program to be used is Swiss Manager. Tie Breaks are in the order as follows: i. direct encounter ii. Buchholz, iii. Sonneborn-Berger, iv. FIDE tiebreak.
• The rounds shall be conducted according to the attached schedule.
• Five minutes before each round starts, the Chief Arbiter shall make the relevant announcements. If any player is not present within an hour after the round is started, he shall lose by default.
• FIDE regulations apply for mobile devices apply – a player is forbidden to have a mobile phone and /or other electronic means of communication in the playing venue.
• Officials and players should be smartly attired at all times while in the playing hall.
PLAYERS WITHOUT A FIDE ID.
NO WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Programme / Schedule
Day 1 (Monday, 2 December 2019)
1430 Final Registration
1500 Players’ Briefing
1530-1930 Round 1
Day 2 (Tuesday, 3 December 2019)
0900-1300 Round 2 1530-1930 Round 3
Day 3 (Wednesday, 4 December 2019)
0900-1300 Round 4 1530-1930 Round 5
Day 4 (Thursday, 5 December 2019)
0900-1300 Round 6
Day 5 (Friday, 6 December 2019)
0900-1300 Round 7 1530-1930 Round 8
Day 6 (Saturday, 7 December 2019)
0900-1300 Round 9 1430 Closing Ceremony
Entry Fee (RM)
Mr Steven Tel: +60167202272 Mr Dinesh Tel:+6014 6115256
20% discount for all early entries before 1st October 2019
Closing Date: 20 Nov 2019
Registration and payment after the closing date incurs the payment of double the entry fee stated above.
Online registration here. Registration to play is completed only after payment is made.
Payment (by 20 Nov 2019) :
1. RHB Bank Current A/C No. 20101700234090 (Persatuan Catur Negeri Johor/ Johor Chess Association) SWIFT Code RHBBMYKL
2. Maybank A/C No. 001271103730 (Cheong KL)SWIFT Code MBBEMYKL
3. Singapore DBS A/C No. 019-5-041904 (Cheong KL)
4. Paypal account – email@example.com
The evidence of payment to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Players are required to budget for their own board and lodgings, as well as transportation needs. However Hotel rooms at package rate can be arranged through us . You may send your queries to email@example.com .
1. JB Central Hotel: George +607-2222833
2. Baguss City Hotel Johor Bahru: Anna email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions (Provisions) for titled player (GM, IM):
Hotel rooms (check In 1 Dec; Check Out : 8 Dec)are provided on a twin-sharing basis for the first 20 GMs with rating above 2,400/ IMs with rating above 2,300 that registered online and show confirmed flight details. In addition the first 5 GMs(rating>2400) with confirmed flight details will be given RM500 food allowance .
*Category Prizes are given if there are at least 2 participants
The organizers reserve the right to change the rules and regulations without prior notice.